Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Let's Get Started, Meet Bonnie Jean....

Bonnie Jean Dixon Hunt was my beautiful Mother and she was one amazing home cook.  If you are one of the fortunate folks who have eaten her food, you will know what I am talking about.  She was the BEST.  There was no one like her.  Growing up we always talked about how she would surely be famous one day and I am on a mission to make that happen.  We used to tease she would make it to Oprah as her life story will impress you.

In addition to being an incredible home cook, she also birthed 10 children and was a Mother to countless more.  Consider yourself blessed if you ever met Bonnie while she was still in her body. But don't worry, even if you didn't, you can be with her in Spirit, ANYTIME.  Just whip up some mashed potatoes and I promise she will come and sit right beside you and feed them to you.

The year after she passed away I set out to create a compilation of some of her most beloved recipes.  I printed a cookbook that some were fortunate enough to get a copy as I only printed a handful titled "Bonnie's Kitchen, Volume 1".  I am on a mission to put these recipes online for the world to enjoy.  If you know of a dish that she made for you that is not on this list, please let me know and I will do my best to research it for you and provide it at a later date.  Be patient, I have a lot of recipes folks.  Eventually I will have this in a more searchable format but for now I'm starting a blog in her honor....

Please note:  If you would like to include your own posts on this blog, I am more than happy to provide you with the ability to do so.  Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment